Importance Of A Clean Building Exterior For Commercial & Industrial Facilities
- What Influences the Cleanliness of a Building’s Exterior?
- Why Is Exterior Cleaning so Important?
- How Can Business Owners Keep Their Building Exterior Clean?
- Which Areas of Your Commercial or Industrial Building Will Need to Be Professionally Cleaned?
- How Often Should a Building Be Professionally Cleaned?
- In Conclusion
- Schedule Your Cleaning Service Appointment Today. We are Ready to Help!
The importance of keeping the inside of a business clean is well-known. Employees need to be able to work in a clean, usable space, and visiting clients and customers need to be impressed by a clean workplace. Recognizing this, most businesses will hire internal cleaning services to ensure that their interior space looks as good as it possibly can.
However, owners of commercial buildings and industrial facilities also need to consider the cleanliness of the exterior of their business.
What Influences the Cleanliness of a Building’s Exterior?
- The number one reason for dirty buildings in most areas and especially the Bay Area and coastal Northern California is bacteria and algae growth. This is the principal service Pacific Exterior provides.
- Pollution: Pollution is a major issue for businesses in terms of health, but also in terms of the look of their building exterior. Buildings can become gray or black due to particle build-up over time.
- Dirt and Mud: Dirt and mud can build up on the outside of a building. The problem is particularly common for businesses located near a busy roads.
- Bad Weather: Rain and snow can cause streaks on windows and cause dirt and dust to stick to exterior surfaces.
- Pollen: During spring, yellow pollen particles can stick to an exterior and negatively impact the overall look of the building.
- Fallen Leaves: Fallen leaves often combine with mud and stick to the outside of a building. Without wind to dislodge them, leaves can remain in place and attract further mud and dirt deposits over time.
- Foot Traffic: The exterior of a building also includes walkways, which can become dirty over time as customers transport mud and debris on their shoes.
- Graffiti: Graffiti is difficult to prevent and, once in place, is notoriously difficult to remove.
Why Is Exterior Cleaning so Important?
A clean business exterior is vital for a number of reasons, including:
- The Ability to Make a First Impression: It is important to remember that it is not the interior of a business that a new customer or client will notice first – it is the exterior of the premises. Given that making a good first impression can be vital to future business relationships, a dirt-stained exterior is far from ideal.
- Appearance to Other Businesses: If a business’ building exterior is not in the best condition, this could create issues with your neighboring businesses. Your business may receive complaints, and your relationships with fellow business owners will be affected as a result.
- Less Foot Traffic: Many businesses rely on foot traffic for a percentage of their custom. If a business’ interior is dirty, customers are far less likely to pause and look further into the store.
- Hazardous Environment: Dirt and debris can harm your business’s curb appeal, but these issues can also be dangerous. Moss and Algae, in particular, can make walkways slippery.
- Confusion for Customers: Customers expect that a business will be clean and well-presented. If the exterior of a business does not look clean and well-maintained, customers may believe that the business is closed.
- Diminished Customer Experience: If your business signage is difficult to read due to a build-up of dirt and cobwebs, this will also negatively impact the customer experience.
- Damage to B2B Relationships: You may find that dirty exterior premises cause issues with other business owners. These can include businesses you are trying to build relationships with. Other business owners may suspect that a dirty exterior is a negative reflection on your business as a whole.
To prevent the issues described above, it is important for your building exterior to be in the best possible condition at all times.
How Can Business Owners Keep Their Building Exterior Clean?
By far the best way to keep your business’s exterior clean is to opt for professional washing services. The benefits of handing over your exterior cleaning to a dedicated service include:
- Specialist Cleaning Capabilities: Keeping the exterior of a business clean is often a complex cleaning task. Special tools and techniques are often required to produce the best results. A dedicated cleaning company will be able to use techniques such as pressure washing and power washing to return your business’s exterior to an as-new condition.
- Convenience: If you were to attempt to clean your commercial building yourself, then it will divert staff time and resources away from your main business. By opting for professional exterior building cleaning services, your staff is free to work in their normal roles. You can, meanwhile, still, enjoy the benefits of a beautiful commercial building.
- Enhanced Protection: While cleaning is necessary, the process can also be demanding on your building. In a worst-case scenario, cleaning can actually damage your commercial building – which can be extremely expensive to repair. A specialist company will know how to protect your building during the cleaning process. This is particularly important for more delicate tasks, such as window cleaning or roof cleaning.
Which Areas of Your Commercial or Industrial Building Will Need to Be Professionally Cleaned?
It is best to assume that every external element of your business will need to be cleaned, with the following particularly important:
- Footpaths, walkways, and stairs leading to your business’ entrance
- Windows and Doors
- The Roof
- Parking Lots
- Any decorative elements, such as plants
- Exterior Signage
Essentially, you need to imagine the customer journey. It can be helpful to walk the route that your customers take when visiting your store, noting everything you see right to the point where they reach the building’s entrance. Everything you note then becomes a priority for regular professional cleaning.
How Often Should a Building Be Professionally Cleaned?
The location of your business will influence how frequently it needs to be cleaned. For example, if you are located close to a busy road, then more frequent cleaning is advised. Your chosen cleaning company can advise you further on a regular cleaning schedule for your specific Commercial or Industrial building.
In order to boost your business’s reputation and make a strong first impression on customers, professional exterior building cleaning services are essential. To find out more about the Pacific Exteriors exterior cleaning services, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to transforming your Commercial or Industrial property in the near future.