Half Moon Bay's Original Roof Cleaning Professionals
Let our team of exterior cleaning specialists handle your next project! We use the latest techniques to restore commercial and residential exteriors and go above and beyond to ensure your exterior is clean without causing damage.
For years pressure washing was the industry standard for removing surface contaminants. However, high-pressure systems have been shown to cause damage to roofing materials and exterior building finishes. Most manufacturers recommend using non-pressure alternatives for the following reasons:
- Non-pressure cleaning provides instant results while minimizing surface damage.
- Non-pressure cleaning methods eliminate the leading causes of stains and shading including algae, bacteria, fungus, lichen, mold, and moss which are incredibly prevalent in the Bay Area.
- Major manufacturers including Sto, Dryvit, GAF, and other exterior building product brands advise against the use of high-pressure equipment. Though it may seem like a quick and easy solution, it can cause irreparable damage to the exterior.
- Our Safe Wash, advanced non-pressure methods can clean all types of commercial and residential roofs and exteriors while maintaining structural integrity and removing the principal source of unsightly surface stains.
The "Safe Wash" Method
Pacific Exterior is one of the founding members of the National Soft Wash Alliance (NSWA), and the Roof Cleaning Institute of America (RCIA) certifies our processes as effective exterior cleaning methods that are also safe for surrounding plants and foliage.
Our custom blended detergents are effective at stopping biological contaminants at the source while remaining safe for surface materials and surrounding plants. Our dynamic detergents are safe for exterior applications and have been verified by cities, counties, and multiple wastewater treatment facilities.
The Safe Wash system is not only powerful but also efficient and environmentally friendly, providing instant results that last for years. We take environmental regulations seriously, which is why all of our processes comply 100% with the Clean Water Act.
Let’s work together! Contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation, and we'll arrange a test-cleaning session.
Schedule a test cleaning session with us. It’s free. Contact us for a no obligation consultation.
What Our Clients Have to Say
Genuine, friendly, professional, experienced and absolutely
committed to customer satisfaction, BBB A+ Rating for 12 years straight…
Excellent 5.0 Star rating based on Google, Yelp, BBB and Yahoo reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Cleaning your roof can save you money in more ways than one...
- First, the algae and fungus that grow can cause premature roof granule loss, and shorten roof shingle life. So you save money because your roof lasts longer
- Second, when the algae turn your roof black, it becomes less reflective, and it retains heat; If you use an air conditioner it has to work harder to overcome the increased heat load, costing money in electric bills.
- Third, the aesthetics of cleaning your roof when it comes to selling your home can not only save you money but can make you money too.
It would be appreciated if you could do a few things the night before we come out to do the roof cleaning service:
- Move all lawn equipment, furniture, and/or toys inside or away from the building.
- Keep all animals inside or out away from the home.
- Put any special plants out away from the house (if possible.)
- Park vehicles on street or in the garage.
Pretty much just clear everything out away from around the house. We will be rinsing areas around the building during the treatment.
We almost exclusively use equipment no louder than a whisper. Occasionally we use a compressor for large commercial projects.
Yes. We have many happy customers who would love to share their roof cleaning experience with you, Most likely, some in your neighborhood. Please feel free to request a list by e-mail.
Yes, we are properly insured and send proof of current insurance out with all proposals. All employees are covered by workers compensation insurance. We are registered with the DIR for governmental work and prevailing wage jobs.